The public part of the specification of the package contains the specifications of
· A set of references to specifications of classes of modules
· For each of these references some initial values of characteristics of the module class are given.
· The selected programming language
· A Boolean indicating whether the package will be loaded dynamically instead of statically.
· In case of dynamic loading, the name of the load file.
· A unique instance name
· A package prefix
· A globally unique identifier
· An optional short description
· An optional URI to a more extensive descriptive document
· An URI to the location of the original specification
· An optional URI to the location where the specification document was retrieved
During system configuration the toolkit adds a reference to the project in which the package is applied